The Bridge Card
God designed us for full life. Jesus proclaimed, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" John 10:10 (NIV). We have full life when we are living for God. It is life even beyond death. Have you experienced life to the full?
- We all have sinned. Sin separates us from God.
- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 (NIV).
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23 (NIV).
God's only Son Jesus Christ paid the penalty of sin on the Cross to bridge the gap between us and God. (It's a gift.)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16 (NIV).
"But God demonstrates his own love toward us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8 (NIV).
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast" Ephesians 2:8,9 (NIV).
- Ask Jesus to forgive your sins.
- Invite Him into your life.
- Follow His direction for living life to the full.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9 (NIV).
"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" Romans 10:9,10 (NIV).
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved" Acts 4:12 (NIV).
How to use it
Download and print Bridge Card instructions (.pdf)
The card is designed for use by believers and to in-part share with non-believers. The card is perforated so that the believer should keep the smaller portion on a keychain, zipper pull, backpack, etc. The larger two-thirds portion should be strategically shared with a non-believer.
- Smaller Portion (black) - kept by the believer:
- Question mark side
- The question mark represents three stories in life - their story (non-believer), your story (believer's testimony) and His-story (God's story of salvation). The idea is for you to keep your focus on listening to and reaching people, being ready to share your testimony and telling His-story.
- The three-fold question mark image is also representative of the three questions the believer should be prepared to answer as a good witness:
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did He give His life?
- What does that mean for you and me personally.
- Cross side
- This side has a matte finish to allow you to write on it - specifically the name(s) or initials of a friend for whom you are praying to accept Jesus Christ.
- *The scripture reference of Colossians 4:2-6 teaches six practices on how to reach non-believers with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Larger Portion (four-color) - shared with another:
- Bridge Story (picture book) side
- The four pictures represent the four principal stories in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Reference side
- Opposite the pictures is the key point of each story point and reference(s) from the Bible about the story point.
- There is a website reference for gaining more information about Jesus Christ and the Bible - www.askmeaboutJesus.com.
- How to Use:
- Question Mark and Cross (Smaller) portion:
- Separate the portion and turn it over on the Cross side of the card.
- **Write the name(s) of a friend in the Cross as a reminder to pray for them - their salvation and your opportunity to share His Story with them. Write the names or
initials of your Five Friend Focus in the Cross as a prayer focus.
- Attach this portion to a key ring, zipper pull, backpack or some other item you use and carry on a day-to-day basis. It will attract questions about the "?" image or why "my name is on that Cross."
- When asked about the "?" image, you could reply in a number of ways. For example:
- It reminds me about the most important story I know. (His-story)
- "The Story" is about how God works in your story and my story.
- "The Story" is very simple - God wants to give us life to the full. Here is a small picture book described in the Bible that you may have and keep. (Give them the Bridge portion of the card and explain it if opportunity allows.)
- When asked about the name(s) or initials on the Cross, you could respond in many ways based on the individual. For example:
- I am praying these people because they are important to God. He has a plan for their lives.
- God placed your name on my heart. I have been praying for you regularly ever since.
- (When they ask about what you have been praying specifically you could tell them something like...) I have been praying that you would know Jesus Christ as
Lord & Savior and that God would give me an opportunity to tell you how that could happen for you.
- Bridge Story (larger) portion:
- Share this portion with a non-believing friend or acquaintance.
- *Use the reference side to help you learn the basics of the story. It will help you to simply explain each story point like a picture book.